Investing in Quality Community Services
Investing in Quality Community Services
SACS – PORTABLE LONG SERVICE LEAVE CAMPAIGN
As a Social and Community Services (SACA) Worker, long Service Leave probably seems like a fantasy to you given long term employment with one employer is not common, despite many workers having over 10 years of service in the industry.
Pay Equity also seemed unattainable! Yet in 2012 after workers unionised their workplaces and made their voice heard they influenced decision makers and historic pay rises were handed down by Fair Work Australia.
As a worker in the SACS Industry, you have the power to do the same here.
Make your voice hear on this issue and help demonstrate the need for a Portable Long Service Leave Scheme in the SACS Industry.
Members make sure you fill in the PLSL Survey. The information you provide helps fuel our position for the scheme. Not a member, see our Join Our Campaign competition below.
Members you can also support the campaign by:
- asking others in the Industry to fill in the survey. by holding a survey signing event (see PLSL Toolkit below) or by sharing the survey page with them www.plsl.com.au
- asking potential members to join our union ( see PLSL Flyer below).
JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN COMPETITION:
Do you work in the Social and Community Sector and not a member? Then there has never been a better reason to join than in the pursuit of Portable Long Service Leave.
Supporting the issue is great, joining our union shows your commitment to making Portable Long Service Leave a reality!
Plus if you complete our survey (online at www.plsl.com.au or hard copy); and join our union between 4 September 2017 and 5pm on 27 October 2017 you go into the draw to
to win a Samsung Tablet that has been kindly donated by our union partner Hesta.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Not So Super, For Women – Superannuation and Women’s Retirement Outcomes, our unions report on the growing inequity for women when it comes to superannuation.
- NDIS – our Lets Make It The Best It Can Be campaign.
History of Our Investing In Quality Community Services Campaign:
Click on this infographic to see the makeup of our sector:
The Federal Government needs to re-invest in community services, not just find ‘savings’ in the community sector.
‘Savings’, mean reduced services and staff cuts, leaving vulnerable Australians out in the cold.
This is why our union has established our Investing in Quality Community Services Campaign.
Members of The Services Union Support:
- Reinvestment in community services by governments;
- Ceasing competitive tendering for community services;
- Not-for-profit organisations as the primary provider of community services;
- Five-year funding cycles;
- Women-led services for women and children who are victims of domestic violence;
- Recognition and protection of specialised services (e.g. Aboriginal, Refugee, Women);
- A fully funded NDIS that allows for wages and conditions which value workers and ensure quality of service and dignity for people with disabilities;
- Fair pay and protected portable entitlements for community sector workers;
- The development and implementation of standards through the ACCDP which can be
supported legislatively; and
- A partnership approach between the Government, the sector and its workforce representatives to address the needs and interests of the people they support and the local communities in which they work.
Achievements to date:
When SACS Members take action we achieve extraordinary things! Through member’s activism and campaigning in the last year we have achieved:
- A move towards five-year funding cycles
- Changes to the tender guidelines for existing services
- Advancements in Women-led services for women and children who are victims of domestic violence
- Commitment to ensuring not-for-profit organisations are the primary provider of community services
- Significant funding commitments for reinvestment in Community Services by the Queensland Government