There are many ways to get active in our Union so we can have a strong voice in your workplace.
Become A Workplace Delegate.
You can make a contribution to Real Change by making our Union visible in your workplace. You can do this as a Workplace Delegate.
What is a Workplace Delegate?
A Workplace Delegate is a member who has put their hand up to become more active in our Union, because they are passionate about creating a better workplace for everyone at work. They are supported by their fellow members to represent and organise their workplace. Workplace Delegates are essential, because the work that they do keeps our Union strong and united.
There are many other ways you can get involved whether you are a working member, a student member or a retired or lifetime member.
Some of the ways you to Get Active can include:
- Calling members for campaigns; updating details; inviting to events;
- Getting involved in our campaigns.
- Working within our industries on policy, strategy and campaigns;
- Participating in ‘High Vis’ activities like displaying signs or street markets;
- Attending Labour Day;
- Helping out with the Labour Day BBQ;
- Labour Day preparations in the Union office;
- Volunteering for activities during elections;
- Campaign Door Knocking;
- Writing a blurb about your positive union experience;
- Making our Union visible in your workplace;
- Being part of photos to promote union activities; and
- Telling us your story for publication.